Tuesday, September 30, 2008

OCTOBER / ROTHTOBER

I love Fall! I think it is the start to all things that are wonderful. It's leading up to the great holidays and then after all the holidays--my birthday, which we are dubbing "Jen-tacular" this year and each year after.

October is the time during the school year that the students have settled into the routine of school, football season has started, the weather changes, lots of birthdays are celebrated, and we begin to think about upcoming holidays.

My family is big on traditions and we are very close. October would not be October without an email from my Sissy wishing us a "Happy Rothtober" in honor of David Lee Roth. Then I get to prepare for the upcoming birthdays--my Sissy's, Jamie's, Victoria's. THEN, we get Halloween and the start of November with All Saints Day and the countdown to Thanksgiving begins.

I love that time of year because my family always gets together and it's so great. I cannot describe all the wonderful memories we have together.

October is also a bittersweet month because my Pop-Pop's birthday is in October. He was one of the coolest person I've ever known. He amazed me with the amount of knowledge that he possessed and he was the sweetest person ever. He loved the Three Stooges and Babe Ruth. I miss him every day.

This weekend we have our annual choir fundraiser "Spaghetti Serenade". If you are in the Little Rock area and want to have some good spaghetti and great entertainment, come by to the Cathedral of St. Andrew. It's on Saturday night, McDonald Hall, 5:30 p.m. You won't be disappointed. I'm doing a lovely little number from "Mamma Mia".

I'm free this weekend, so I will finish decorating for Autumn and post pics.

1 comment:

Kate Hart said...

I can't wait to see your decorations. Mine aren't quite finished...