Saturday, September 20, 2008

Allergies

Today I was supposed to be watching some friends get their black belts in karate. I was all set and so excited about it. As I went to sleep last night, I had a sinus headache. I was thinking, "Take some medicine, you will be fine by morning." Oh no. That was not the case at all. When I woke up early this morning, I still had the headache and did not feel like riding in a car all day. I was also worried that the sinus headache would turn into a migraine like it did earlier this week. So, I texted people and told them I wasn't coming and went back to bed. I woke up around 11 a.m. and watched the Hogs put up a fight against Alabama. I'll be honest--I didn't really expect for us to win. I was happy that they made two touchdowns. That was good enough for me. So, I could have gotten up then and proceeded to be useful today.

I did not.

I stayed in bed and watched old Hallmark movies, "Sarah, Plain and Tall" and "Skylark". It's now almost 5 p.m. and I have decided to get up and do some chores around the house. Thankfully the headache has gone away. I am in the mood to clean and organize. I don't really get Spring Cleaning fever, but instead, mine hits in the fall. It's been an uneventful Saturday, but hopefully, I can make it worthwhile tonight.

No comments: