Friday, August 8, 2008

The joys of plumbing problems

When I got up this morning I didn't realize all the excitement that would be had today. I got up at 6:50 a.m. to be ready for the cable guy. I did get a DVR box (FINALLY), but the real excitement came when the shower in the guest bathroom would not turn off. Micah tried to fix it and I just wanted the water turned off so it would stop running. Micah told me I would need to get a plumber in to fix it and it was just too much to deal with. I started to cry because I just didn't plan for this kind of stress to occur today. Of course, no one would really want to plan for anything like this. So, I calmed down and called the lovely folks at Roto Rooter and they sent out Greg to fix it. I was also having some issues with the toilets, so I figured I might as well get it all fixed right now. Well, 3 hours later and several dollars lighter--all is well at Jennifer's house again. Many thanks to Micah, Greg, and Mom and Dad. Everything works like it's supposed to--showers turn off, toilets do not run constantly. I'm going to hang out and watch things I've recorded on my DVR. It's going to be a calm, stress-free evening.

No comments: