Thursday, October 16, 2008

Jennifer and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad--well, maybe not so bad day

This morning
Now

This morning I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. One of my preschoolers told me yesterday, when she arrived grumpy at my class, "I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of my mat!" It was very cloudy, slightly drizzling, and cooler. I don't mind the cooler temps--in fact, adore them, but the rest of the weather was not great. I woke up very early to do some cooking. We have a couple of potlucks coming up for school and so I was getting a head start on my cooking. I didn't sleep well the night before. My mind was racing, full of what-ifs and planning on the future of all sorts of things. It's very hard to sleep at night with full brain and lots of questions. I am the type of person that likes to know what to expect. It may not happen for "years and years", as my Pop-pop used to say, but I still like to be privy to any inside knowledge. However, I know that God is trying to tell me that I have to be patient for whatever treasures await for me in life. I'm the world's worst at spoiling a present or any surprise treat that I may have gotten for someone because I want them to know about it right away. That kind of defeats the purpose of a surprise. =)

So, all this was on my mind last night and I woke up kind of grumpy. Then, my mom wasn't feeling well and I never like that, so that just added to the day. But now it's 1:15 p.m. and the sun is shining. I have had some great classes today with wonderful students who have made me laughed. And now I think, I don't have to plan everything out. I can take things as they come--I can just roll with the flow. And now I think it's NOT a terrible, horrible, no good, very day!

No comments: