Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Crazy time!

I swear I have been around for these last 3 weeks, but I have been super busy. I have to deal with Holy Week, Easter, standardized testing, the testing fairy, end-of-the-year countdown for school, taken my best friend's little boy to paint a mother's day gift, thrown a baby shower, and I'm starting a new side business that will be unveiled by the end of the week.
In between all that other stuff, I'm trying to find time to train for my Brown belt test, prepare for our Mother's Day Concert at church, reorganize/clean out my house, spend some special time with Micah, spend special time with my family, spend special time with my Bon-Bon, get ready for summer, hang out with friends, sew, create, sew, and maybe sleep--but that is usually knocked off the list by something else that is 'more important'.
This is the time of year that I love, but I also loathe with a passion. It seems that everything starts piling up on each other and I feel like I'm being pulled in 250 different directions. Part of it is my own fault because I'll admit--I do a lot of things. However, I also know that I can usually hang out for a week not really doing anything and by the end of the week, I'm bored out of my mind. I get that from my father. He has to constantly be doing something.
I don't really like change as much as I should or one would believe that I do. I like to be involved in a lot of activities, but I like to mentally prepare for things that are coming up. Sunday night I usually plan out what is going on that week in my head. I like to think about what I'm doing for the weekend. Usually it involves having to go to a meeting or something like that, but I like to be prepared for it. Change scares me and totally unnerves me. During college, I always called my momma bawling at this time of the year because I felt out of control. I was having to deal with finals, pack up my room, and then figure out what was going on in the summer. Not knowing what's on my agenda of things to do freaks me out. It's hard to convey that to other people because most people are 'normal' about things like this. For me, it's just how I am. I can't explain it.
I get frustrated because I have a million bajillion things I would like to do, but the day just isn't long enough and my body can only survive on a few hours of sleep for just a couple of days. However, I'm taking a deep breath and I am going to continue to climb up the steps in front of the building in Philadelphia and raise my arms in triumph because I can go the distance!

No comments: